For a no obligation budgetary price complete this short form.
Telephone: +44 (0) 1642 370666
As part of an efficiency improvement initiative Comfy Quilts implemented a PlantRun system in 2012 to monitor production on four duvet quilt lines and three pillow lines at their site in Middleton, Manchester, UK. In the first few months after implementation the following benefits were reported;
- Reduced unplanned stoppages by up to 10%
- Improved target machine speeds and cycle times between 10% to 20%
- Saved up to 15 minutes per shift from improved operator attendance
- Improved housekeeping due to "when down do" programme made measurable by PlantRun
- More than 15% improvement in overall performance
The company employs 75 people and operates 24 hour a day from their original mill building. The layout of the building means that equipment is distributed across a number of rooms, making supervision difficult. PlantRun was chosen to initially monitor seventeen carding machines sited across six rooms. As well as the comprehensive range of reporting and analysis tools the PlantRun site overview display makes it easy to see the status of all machines at a glance from any PC.
The company are looking to expand the system to also monitor a number of spinning frames on site. A major factor in selecting PlantRun was it's affordability requiring half the investment of a competing product ensuring a fast payback.