An outline of most of the major features available in PlantRun.
Note that some features mentioned are optional - not all features are included as standard.
- PC based : Operating System: Windows 10/11, 2016 Server, 2019 Server. Physical Server or Virtual Server.
- On premise PC based systems ensure highest data security, fully under user control.
- Real-time connection to any type, make or age of manufacturing asset - discrete or linked machines, lines, work cells, even manual operations.
- Information available enterprise wide across existing computer network, Ethernet LAN
- Data stored in MS Access or SQL compatible database for simple export to other enterprise software - ERP/MRP/MES/CMMS
- Range of operator interfaces - Outstation terminals, PC, Tablet and Touchscreen
- Flexible time planning - shift pattern, planned maintenance, holidays and overtime
- Custom displays/dashboards show key information at a glance including:
- Live factory overview representational mimic with colour coded machine status
- Detailed displays of machines with KPI information
- Production Status, KPI and OEE , Scrap rate, Down time/Up time, Cycle times, Yield, Efficiency, Utilisation, Changeover/Set-up/Tooling time, Order progress etc.
- Unlimited alarms
- Alarm limits can be set on any parameter
- Alarms can activate:
System alarm banner: sounders: beacons: andons: SMS text messaging to mobile phones: Email: Audio files to public address system/Tannoy, video recording/playback from enabled IP cameras.
- Industry standard reports built in and ready to use
- Simple data export dialogue to csv or MS Excel format
- Fully customisable - editing existing reports or create new ones
- Report formats: Text, Graphics, Trends or any combination
- Report Creation: Automatic (Timed or Event), On demand
- Report Generation: Display, Printed, Email, SMS Text Message, pdf for electronic storage
- Reports can display any monitored parameter in any combination required including :
Efficiency, Run time, OEE, Good production, Utilisation, Scrap rate, Capacity utilisation, Material usage, Set up time, Scrap by reason, Down time by reason, Custom defined parameters.
- Reporting By
Machine centre, Tools, Products, Reject/Scrap Rates, Machine Speed, Target Production Rates, Workcell , Operator, Multiple Operators, Shift, Batch/Works Order/Lot/Job etc.
- All downtime events are recorded including all short or micro stoppages
- Downtime reasons are recorded for long stoppages
- Each asset has unlimited user defined reasons
- Flexible interlock option to ensure downtime reason selection
- Multiple sequential reasons can be assigned to downtime events
- Add comments to downtime events to aid analysis
- View, analyse and manage downtime per machine or across any number of machines
- Tabular and Graphical Viewers
- Sort and filter events by time, duration, type and reason
- Edit - assign, split, combine or amend downtime events
- View and report downtime statistics by:
Totals, Percentages, Reason, Number, Level, Greatest time, Greatest count, Pareto analysis
Compare downtime between machines
Machine Speed Optimisation
- Machine operating speed continuously monitored
- Reasons assigned to slow speed running
- View, analyse and report like downtime
- Graph any parameters in real-time or historically over any time period
- Automatic capture or manual entry of scrap count and reason
- Different categories of scrap can be handled
- Alerts for quality checks based on product count, time interval etc.
- Interlock can disable production until quality checks have been carried out
Andon Call Request
- Call for assistance from the asset (engineer/team leader,QC, materials etc)
- Track response and resolution times
- Supports Andon light stacks
- Call requests sent via SMS text message, email, public address, large screen displays (Display Node)
Paperless Work Instructions
- Paperless visual work instructions accessed from graphical interfaces, PC, touchscreen, tablet, smartphone
- Common document, image, video and sound files supported
- Run files from on screen button action or automatically (on product change etc)
- Centralised storage on the system or remote networked folder ensures version control
- Checklists can be enabled on interfaces for pre-operation, Health & Safety or quality checks etc.
- Checklists questions can be randomised
- Stored digitally direct to database enabling fast retrieval, reporting and analysis
- Call for engineer assistance from the asset
- Alert maintenance engineers by SMS text, email or public address messaging
- Track engineer response and repair times to breakdowns/stoppages
- Track machine run / cycle times for any number of machines
- Alert when maintenance is due based on actual machine usage
- Track maintenance and fault rectification durations
- Provides information database for storing maintenance & training documents;
Standard Operating Procedures, schematics, parts numbers, photographs, video images etc.
IP Video Camera Control
- Connect any number of IP cameras
- View live camera feeds remotely enterprise wide
- Record video for later analysis (manually or automatically triggered)
Read detailed article on IP Video Camera Control
Web Internet Access
- Any system displays and reports can be viewed securely over the internet
- Interactive system capability over the internet
- Smartphone/tablet capable
Recipe & Batch/Works Order/Lot/Job Facilities
- Unlimited recipes can be stored
- Full batch/works order/lot/job handling capability
- Operator Terminals
Rugged terminals with wipe clean keypads and multi-line displays
Stainless steel version for food, pharma and clean environments
- PC, Tablet (Android, Apple IOS, Windows) and Touch screen interfaces
- Barcode scanners
- RFID & Swipe card readers
- Display Node - generate large format KPI and message displays on TV, monitor or projector
- Data is held securely, fully under customer control
- User password protected
- User defined privileges delimit system access
- Machine use can be restricted by privilege - prevents use by untrained or unauthorised personnel
- Enhanced security capable of compliance to FDA 21 CFR Part 11 and equivalent standards
- Digital Signatures
- Audit Trail
Time & Attendance Tracking - Who is in?
- Track who is on site - staff/visitors
- Track who is at each asset
- Reporting & Analysis of time and attendance
- Driver Library / OPC Client - Server
Allows connection to thousands of industrial devices
- SQL Database
- Exchange data with third party software, ERP, MRP systems etc.
Feature not found above? We can probably develop it - please ask.